What would you like to have? Wholesale sterling silver or expensive gold jewelry. Everyone wants a jewelry piece that is affordable and good looking. Sterling silver adds an extra elegant look to your outfit. With the changing trends and fashion, silver remains the top choice. Many people prefer sterling silver jewelry over any other jewelry because it offers versatility. Pure silver is soft; therefore, various impurities are added to make it strong enough to make jewelry items. Sterling silver consists of 92.5% of pure silver and 7.8% of other contaminants.
Sterling silver offers durability if you take proper care of it. Every silver jewelry gets tarnish with time, but this tarnish can be removed to make it last longer. If you are confused about making the wholesale sterling silver jewelry last longer, you don’t have to worry anymore. In this guide, we have brought you ways that will help you to make the wholesale sterling silver last longer.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to take good care of your sterling silver jewelry to make it last longer:
Methods to prevent tarnish sterling silver :
Sterling silver jewelry tarnishes quickly because of its composition. If your silver jewelry looks dirty or darkened, then maybe it is tarnished. Tarnish is a result of chemical reactions with the atmosphere. Tarnish makes the jewelry look old, but you must remove the tarnish and corrosion to make them last longer. You can take care of this tarnish and corrosion by following some easy steps.
- Wear your jewelry often: One of the easiest ways to prevent tarnish is to wear it often. The natural oils of the skin keep the sterling silver jewelry sparkling and shiny. You have to wear the jewelry often rather than sit it in a drawer unworn.
- Remove your jewelry during house chores: Always remove your sterling silver jewelry when doing house chores. House cleaning agents like chlorinated water, spray cleaners, and rubber usually includes a lot of sulfur, which accelerates tarnish and corrosion. To avoid this corrosion, always remove the jewelry before cleaning.
- Keep your jewelry away from direct sunlight: Sunlight speeds up the tarnishing process. If you are going on a picnic or beach, make sure you have removed all your sterling silver jewelry.
- Put your jewelry on last: Always put your makeup first and then put on your jewelry. Perfumes, hairsprays, makeups, and lotions speed up the tarnishing process.
Cleaning your sterling silver jewelry:
Cleaning your jewelry is a crucial step to make the jewelry last longer. There are various steps by which you can clean your sterling silver jewelry. Here are some of the best cleaning methods that you can easily do at home:
- Water and soap: This is the easiest method to clean your sterling silver jewelry. Soap and water is a gentle way to remove any dirt from your jewelry. We recommend you to try this method before trying any other method.
- Water and baking soda: Make a paste of baking powder and water, apply it on a toothbrush or cloth, and scrub your jewelry gently. You may have come across a tip that says toothpaste is the best cleaning agent for jewelry, but we are against such tips because toothpaste consists of many other ingredients that are not good for jewelry items. Instead, we advise you to use baking soda and water.
- Vinegar and baking soda: Vinegar and baking soda solution is an excellent option for removing heavy corrosion and tarnish. Make a baking soda and white vinegar solution and soak your jewelry in the solution for 2 to 3 hours. Silver ring Take it out and rinse it with water and pat it till dry.
- Finish the cleaning with polish: For polishing, you can use a polishing cloth specially made for sterling silver. After cleaning your jewelry, wipe it off with the polishing cloth, and you are done.
Storing your sterling silver jewelry properly:
To make your jewelry last longer, you should keep it properly. Following are some of the tips to keep your sterling silver jewelry.
- Keep it in an air-tight container: Always keep your sterling silver jewelry in an air-tight container to prevent it from tarnishing.
- Keep it in a cool and dark place: Sunlight and heat accelerate tarnishing. That’s why you should keep your silver jewelry in a cool and dark place.
- Keep your jewelry pieces separately: Always keep your jewelry pieces separately to avoid any jewelry scratches or tangling.
- Use anti-tarnish strips: Put some anti-tarnish strips in your jewelry box to prevent any tarnish.
- Avoid paper or cardboard boxes: Cardboard and paper boxes may have traces of sulfur, which accelerate tarnishing. That’s why you should avoid these types of boxes.
Products that will help to prevent tarnish:
We have mentioned above the methods to prevent tarnish. Some of the products help keep away the tarnish from your wholesale sterling silver jewelry.
- Chalks: If you put some chalk pieces in your jewelry box, it will absorb all the moisture and prevent it from tarnishing.
- Silica packs: Silica packs are a perfect option to keep the sterling silver jewelry away from tarnishing. Put some packs in your jewelry box, and you are done.
- Anti-tarnish cloth: Lining your jewelry boxes with an anti-tarnish cloth is a wise option as it keeps the jewelry item away from tarnishing for a long time.
- Anti-tarnish strips: Put these anti-tarnish strips in your jewelry boxes to save your jewelry. These strips absorb all the moisture and sulfur and prevent the jewelry from corrosion.
All in all, you have to take proper care of your wholesale jewelry piece to keep them new for a long time. Always remember that it is easier to prevent corrosion and tarnish than to remove it. And by preventing tarnish, you can keep your silver jewelry pieces shiny for a very long time. By following the above-mentioned steps and prevention tips, your wholesale sterling silver jewelry will be good to go for many years to come.